Food and Travel
What to Bring
You should definitely bring cash, checks, or credit cards to support all of the great authors, community organizations, and sponsors that will be at Freethought Day.
You do not need to bring proof of registration as we'll have a list of all registered attendees at our check-in table.
Eating at the Event
Pre-Purchased Boxed Lunches
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich (w/ feta, hummus, peppers, cucumbers, greens, on tomato basil bread)
- Mediterranean Vegan Sandwich (w/ hummus, peppers, cucumbers, greens, on tomato basil bread)
- Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwich (w/ smoked gouda, on tomato basil bread)
- Steak and Arugula Sandwich (w/ tomatoes, garlic and herb cream cheese, on sourdough)
- Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich (w/ celery, grapes, on sourdough)
- Fuji Apple Salad (vegan, w/ arugula, red onions, toasted pecan, and balsamic vinaigrette)
- Fuji Apple Salad with Chicken (w/ arugula, red onions, toasted pecan, gorgonzola, and balsamic vinaigrette)
Lunches are $20, and included with certain sponsorship and fundraising packages! When you register in advance, you'll be provided an opportunity to purchase lunch.
⚠️ Lunches are not available for last-minute purchase.
Bring Your Own Lunch
- There won't be any food vendors at Freethought Day, however there are places to eat that will be open on Sunday, including:
- Pizza Rock (916-737-5777, 10:30 AM - 9 PM)
- Pizza, salad, drinks, bar
- Ambrosia Cafe (916-929-3068, 8 AM - 3 PM)
- Boiling Crab (916-281-0291, 12 PM - 10 PM)
- Cajun-style seafood
- Rite-Aid (916-444-0690, 8 AM - 5 PM)
- Drinks, snacks, pharmacy
- Starbucks (6 AM - 5 PM)
- Coffee, tea, pastries, lunches
- Subway (916-444-4488, 9 AM - 8 PM)
- Sandwiches, salads
Staying in Sacramento
- Coming from out of town? Book a room at the Mariott Courtyard at Rancho Cordova and enjoy a room, with:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free Parking
- Coffeemaker, Desk, TV, AC, Mini-Fridge
- Fitness Center and Outdoor Pool
Stay for the Reception
- Closely resembling a scale model of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., the beautiful, domed California State Capitol Building was built in 1869 and renovated in 1976. Sacramento's most distinctive landmark, the Capitol has been the stage of many political dramas in California history. The one-hour guided tour provides insight into the architecture and the workings of the government it houses.