Directions using CA-99 South
(Marysville and Chico)
Freethought Day is approximately 42 minutes from Marysville, and 1 hour and 30 minutes from Chico.
California Freethought Day 2016 will be held at the California State Capitol Building (1100 L Street), on the North Steps.
- If starting from Chico, head south on CA-99 to Sacramento
- At the 99/149 split, keep straight onto CA-149 south
- CA-149 south becomes CA-70 south
- When reaching Marysville, follow CA-70 right onto 9th street, and left onto CA-70
- From Marysville, head south on CA-70 / CA-99
- When CA-99 diverges just outside of Sacramento, be sure to take the ramp left for I-5 south toward Sacramento
- In 6.4 miles, take the J Street exit toward Downtown
- In 0.3 miles, turn right onto 3rd Street
- In 0.3 miles, turn left onto N Street
- In ½ mile, Freethought Day will be on your left, just after 10th Street.
Being a Sunday, street parking is generally free in the Capitol area -- and there is a large paid parking structure less than a block north of the Capitol (corner of 10th and L Street). Be sure to check all street signs!